HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Introductions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Steven

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:55 am

Kelvin are you meeting at the train station then?

Whats your mobile number so we can arrange to meet when we get there.

My number is 07708964287.

Leo could you post your number too so when we get there we know where you are.

Cheers
Steven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvin

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:15 am

Yeah my train is due in about 9:45 so I can wait around for you guys if that is what we are doing.

My number is 07887655265.

Kelvin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:30 am

Hi guys,

Sorry for my late reply,

I was thinking about where to meet. Its probably easier to all meet at the train station and go from there to save anyone getting lost. I will have room to take people and I'll drop you back to the station at the end of the day.

Here is the address of the train station

Stoke Gifford
Bristol Parkway
BS12 6TU

and here is the address of the pub

Fox Den
New Rd,
Stoke Gifford,
Bristol,
BS34 8TJ

Hoepfully that ones open Smile

Here is my mobile number

0770 880 2662

Please let me know if you're going to be late or whatever.

Any questions just give me a shout.

I hope you all have a safe and easy Journey tomorrow,

Leo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hpinterns.usersboard.net
Ben

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:47 am

Hi guys,

I'm still on for tomorrow! Leo I'll txt you when I get there, so we can avoid missing each other lol. My number is 07745947111.

See you guys tomorrow!

Ben
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:02 pm

Hey guys, just to say my train is due to get in at 10.07 tomorrow. Hope that's ok, they're only one an hour from Paddington apparently. I'll text/ring one of you if I'm going to be any later at all.

See you in the morning!

Ben
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Mayo

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:14 pm

i'll be aiming for the train station at 10,

no: - 07816458420
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dazzy_G

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:45 pm

how'd the get together go guys?

get a good idea of living together and stuff? still room for one more i hope? heh
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://www.dazcorp.co.uk
smithy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:28 am

hey guys,

just wondering how the visit to Bristol went on saturday and if you found any good houses!?

Is there any other time that other people are free to go and look around at some houses??

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:56 am

yeah it went well. specially considering we hadnt arranged any viewings until we got down there. we looked at several houses. the last two weren't great but the first few were quite impressive.

i think the intension is for some of the guys to come to some arrangements for moving into Leo's current house after they've left. Its all quite confusing how thats working cuz alot of the places won't be available straight away. Ask someone else for more details.....

I liked a room in another house that Kevin Eddolls showed us around so ive just posted my deposit for that. He says that it'll be available for me straight away but has also said he'll put people me or anyone else up elsewhere if necassary and i think may of said no rent for that period. he has alot of housing closeby. as it stands i think theres guna be one other person living there who i havnt met who is a 2006/07 intern and will be there for a month (ithink) (just to clarify i start begin july).

so i think if anyones interested in the house i looked at which ive forgotten the number of an road name (again) i guess theres guna 2 other free rooms to start with and then one more after a month or so.
its got a reasonable living room , kitchen with all the gubbins, fridge each apparntly, washing machine and dryer, freezer etc. bit of garden at front an back. think its one bathroom. its in walking distance of HP (15mins i think?) and the other interns house(which should be quite useful by the sounds of things) and is in filton.

moneywise im paying a 400 deposit, then its 325 a month. heres the bit i like. that 325 includes everything, all the electricity, water, heating, incoming phone calls (have to use mobiles outgoing), tv license, internet (wireless installed),cleaning products and bog roll. he sorts all that out which is great cuz its minimum hassle and going on what else ive seen it makes it pretty gud value for money. im not sure what prices the other rooms are as i think they vary a bit, but they all look pretty gud. the whole house is pretty tidy, we 4got to take some pics. its road side parking which doesnt look to bad in that area.

kevin seems like a really sound land lord and basically says he pays all those bills an treats people fair (perhaps more so to be honnest) but he jus doesnt want grubby bastards in his houses which seems fair enough to me considering the amount of work he seems to put into them. u can find his number on a previous page. any more questions about it i guess i can try and remember or leo or failing that give kevin a ring?

if that doesnt take yur fancy we looked at another house that was 1300pcm i think for 4/5 people although the 5th is a smallish room. obviously u fight it out for rooms an then come to an agreement on how to split that. this house is really big. i dont think u'd find anything else that big in filton or similar areas to be honnest without paying a hell of a lot. its out the other side of HP (frenchay area) i think an a bit more of a walk, maybe a mile but its still possibly, quite a good ride on a bike to be honnest. the landlords live next door and seem really nice and i think we got that price with water as the only included thing. the 4 rooms are pretty big. the house is a bit older and in a culd-e-sac kind of area. off road parking.big garden at the back which goes down onto some little woods.the whole house will be free from the beginning of July. They said they've had some other interest but they were pretty excited showing us around so i dont know how much truth there is in that. Its semi-detached. living room is fairly titanic as they tend to go. u wudnt really wana walk to the other interns houses i dont think from there...dont really know wot else to say about it. any more questions then i guess the same as before. I think kelvin has their number if u want to get in contact with them??? i think the deposit was a months worth of rent.

only thing i would say is that any one with a fear/dislike of chickens beware of this one as theres a few in the garden i think. its a good house though, kitchen might be a bit of a let down if u like yur newer smarter ikea stuff.

phew anyway i think that pretty much covers it. we rang some professionnal letting services and u really need to book in advance with them to view properties but i wouldnt botehr with them unless yur looking 2 weeks before yur about to move in. chances are they wudnt show u around if u dont intend to move in for a couple of months an what yur looking at may have gone anyway. one chap i spoke to said around the time we start there will be shed loads of houses available. we preferred to get it sorted but it sounds like a good alternative.

ah one other thing, if yur thinking about getting into town it appears that if you want to live near enough to walk to hp its guna be a case of busing it or something similar

regards

Rich
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:15 am

Yeah I think what Rich said covers what the day was like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:19 am

If any of you wanted the number for the house which Rich was describing.

Alan and Linda: 01179562209
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:39 am

Hi guys I have some pics of Alan and Lins house. Its very nice and close to HP. Could you contact me on msn and I'll send them over.

The house rich took should have 2 or 3 rooms available. Let me know if you want pics and I'll try and get them.

Leo
Back to top Go down
Dazzy_G

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:38 am

Just got the pictures from Leo and the house looks quite nice, very good size. Maybe a new desk or two. id be very happy living there.

1300 a month between 4 or 5 is great for the size, my current place is 1500 between 5 and its its a bloody 3 bedroom house!

also with the water included thats good.

I'd be interested living there, i assume its not let room by room so we'd need to get a group together for that one.

let me know what you guys think over msn. address is in my profile.
Back to top Go down
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:46 am

Hi guys,

Steven is now going to live with Rich in the house he chose. That leaves 2 rooms available. Anybody want any pics? or to sign up for one? As rich said everything is included in the price including shampoo! I think the last two rooms are 300 each a month. One room is taken so one person would have to live in the spare room for a month which is still a decent size and will be pretty much free if not totally free.

Leo
Back to top Go down
Martin P

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:48 am

even shampoo are you serious? i thought u were jokin at lunch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:33 pm

I finally got a call back from John (a la John's Accomodation, mentioned on previous page...) he said he's got a couple of rooms, which maybe handy for other guys. They looked like really nice houses from his website too so definatly worth a try.

Rich - your summary of Saturday's events was very entertaining, especially the bit about the chickens, that made me laugh. I would agree that although they said there was other interest in the house, I think it would be pretty easy to get that house. It's pretty convenient for walking to HP as you said, also a nice area to live in. Kevin Eddols was an awesome bloke, anyone living with him would be in very safe hands. Especially as he sorts out all bills for you, that's really good. And bogroll too, you can never have enough bogroll. Can't remember the last guys name, but his houses were a bit cack, I wouldn't recommend going with him unless it was desperate really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:39 am

Hi Guys,

I'm going to go to the house Rich is moving into tonight and get some photos (couldnt do it last night as it was too short notice)

Just in case anyone lost track, here is the current standing,

Sorted

Rich
Steven
Kelvin
Ben
NPatel
Jott

Still looking

Martyn
Amine
Smithy
Dazzy_G
Nathaly

Sorry if I missed anyone or got it wrong, just let me know.

Leo
Back to top Go down
Dazzy_G

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:01 am

http://www.dazcorp.co.uk/uploader/files/1/Stanshaw_Close.rar

Thats the pictures Leo sent me from Alen and Lindas Place mentioned in previous posts.

5 people left to be sorted eh. seems like a decent group to me Wink
Back to top Go down
Rich Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:05 am

leo if possible could u get a picture of that room im moving into. have forgotten what it looks like. if its a problem dont worry about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:07 am

Yep no worries Rich, I'll see what I can do.

Does anybody else want photos of anything specific?
Back to top Go down
smithy

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:17 am

Just to confirm is there 2 rooms left in the house rich and steven are movin in to?? and what about the other house, is anyone defo moving into that one yet??

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:04 am

Alright Chris,

Yeah there are 2 rooms left in the house Rich and Steven are moving into. That is the one I will get pictures of tonight and send out tomorrow. One room will involve staying in the smaller room for 1 month until the current tennant leaves.

The other house has had no takers so far.

When I'm with Kevin tonight I'll ask him what else he has in Filton to try and get the interns together.

Leo
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:49 am

Leo I don't suppose I could get a couple of pictures of your place could I? Mainly just the lounge area, view from front door into house and your bedroom? That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajaidi

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: More houses   Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:10 am

Hi Guys

I have just been in touch with John from http://www.johnsaccommodation.co.uk
and he has specified that he's got 2 free houses very near to HP. To those of you who are interested. Please let me know as i need to get back to him ASAP. The houses are the following:

http://www.johnsaccommodation.co.uk/wadesroad.htm

http://www.johnsaccommodation.co.uk/filtonavenue.htm

I believe that the House on Wades Road is quite nice, the other one (Filton) has got one of those small rooms that will give you claustrophobia.

My direct e-mail is aminejaidi@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Leo could I get a copy of the pictures that Ben has asked for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:12 am

Hi Guys,

I now have the pictures available of Rich and Steven's House available. Just ask me on MSN and I'll send them over.

Ben and Kelvin, thats no problem. I'll get the asap for you.

I spoke to Kevin yesterday and he gave me 2 numbers of people to ring so I'll call them this morning and see whats available. It would be good to get u all living close together.

Leo
Back to top Go down
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:24 am

Hi Guys,

Please bear in mind the house wasnt totally tidy when I took the pics. Some of the rooms are so full it makes them seem smaller. All the ladders, lawn mower etc were only there because the landlord was over.

Sorry Rich, I couldnt get pics of your room as the girl was there.

Steven are you still happy with the room you chose now you've seen it?

Leo
Back to top Go down
Dazzy_G

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:47 am

Quite interested in the house Rich and Steve are moving into, it seems an alright size if its kept clean. i wouldn't mind being in the spare room for a little while, but the upstairs room is ok with me as well.

depending on circumstances after i get my loan, exam times and stuff i'll come to Bristol and see it and look at some others or if thats not an option i'll think of somthing else.
Back to top Go down
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:03 am

Alright people,

I have spoken to the people recommended by Kevin and they seem really sound. They do all in too including washing powder etc.

One of them has house at 868 Filton Avenue very very close to Rich and Steven's house. It has one room left. It has 4 guys in at the minute. All are very interested in sport especially Football, Cricket, Rugby and Racing so may interest some of you.
He also has a house on Boverton Road which has one room left. it has 2 bathrooms.

There is another chap with a house on Conygre Grove, (the road we live on) but he's not sure of availability yet. And nice house with Whirlpool baths and stuff but its the other side of HP (there are 6 rooms and 3 are ensuite). its closer to work but further from the other interns.

Right I'm going to propose another house looking session on the 28th. Can anyone make it?

Leo
Back to top Go down
Rich Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:13 am

No problem. I remembered liking it i just couldnt remember what it looked like. Im thinking maybe i was just drawn to the guitar though. hah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Martin P

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:29 am

i'll be available on the 28th to shuttle people about in my car etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathaly

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:30 am

Hi,

I just read your message Leo about the house on Conygre Grove road. Have you got any pics or any other info about it?
I am looking for an en-suite room. So maybe we could have a look at it on the 28th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Mayo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:38 am

the big house we looked at had a room with an en-suite. we didnt see it on the day but leo might have a picture now. maybe worth a look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:22 am

Hi all,

The house I sent photos of does have an en-suite but I wasnt able to get pics of that room again! looks like that house may be a no unless everyone left agrees to take it.

The house with 3 en-suites is on the other side of HP to where the other interns are living. I'll show it to you when you come down.

Leo
Back to top Go down
smithy

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:16 am

hi all,

is the visit to bristol still on for next sat?! im workin in the evenin so is it ok if we do it in the mornin??

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dazzy_G

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:44 am

The earliest I can get to Bristol is around 1pm due to the Trains and stuff. i should hopefully be coming.

if we can get a few things sorted like before that would be good.
Back to top Go down
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:43 am

Hi Guys,

Hope you've all had a good weekend and were enjoying the sun Smile

Looks like the 28th should be ok for everyone left. Dazzy_G and smithy are you able to agree a time between you to meet up? It would be better to not have to do 2 trips round the houses.

Here is an update to the list...

Sorted

Rich
Steven
Kelvin
Ben
NPatel
Jott
Martyn (Living with friends)

Still looking

Amine
Smithy
Dazzy_G
Nathaly

Amine and I are going to be looking at houses tonight so I'll let you know how it goes and if we find anything with spare rooms.

Speak to you all soon,

Leo
Back to top Go down
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:58 am

Hi guys,

Just trying to sort things out for the 28th.

Chris, whats the latest you can leave Bristol as Daryl isnt able to arrive too early and it would be so much easier to only go round the houses once.

Daryl and Chris is there any way you could be in Bristol for 12?

Leo
Back to top Go down
Dazzy_G

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:39 am

I can depart at 8:21 and arrive at 12:07 if theres no delays that is.
Back to top Go down
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:36 am

Hi Guys,

Ok we'll aim to meet at Bristol Parkway as close to 12:07 as possible and go from there. Here is my mobile number 0770 880 2662, give me a call if you cant find us at the station.

It may be handy if you find a few houses you'd like to look at in case you don't like what I show you. All the other Interns have decided to live in Filton so far, so would be a good area to live to be close to the others.

Could you guys give me your mobile number please?

Leo
Back to top Go down
Nathaly

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:20 pm

Here's my mobile number: 078 331 30809
I'll call you if my train is delayed or if there's anything else.
See you all on saturday,

Nathaly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smithy

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:10 am

hey guys,

i am gettin a lift to bristol so i will meet everyone at the station at about 12. my mobile no. is 07917841641 if anyone needs it

see you on sat

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dazzy_G

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:39 am

how long is this likely to take? just so i know whats the last train i can get home.
Back to top Go down
Dazzy_G

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:45 am

Well thats me and Chris sorted. we're moving into the same house as Rich and Steve, Chris has got the room upstairs and im going to have the downstairs one, so i'll be living in the spare room for a month.
Back to top Go down
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:49 am

Hi Guys,

Yep, thats everyone sorted now except Nathaly and Amine. Amine please could you let me know what you plan to do.

Leo
Back to top Go down
mike c

Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: housing   Tue May 22, 2007 12:35 pm

hi guys, sorry im a bit behind the times in terms of house arrangemetns and everything but is anyone still looking for a house or is there anyone looking for someone to fill a room??
it would be apprecaited if someone could elt us know either way so that i can sort something out if there is nothing avaliable!
cheers
mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Thu May 24, 2007 6:18 am

Mike, you might want to find out from Leo about everyones situation and if there are any places free. His contact details are on the forum he is your best person to contact.

Also congratulations on getting a placement, what area are you going to be working in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike c

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri May 25, 2007 6:44 am

ok cheers for that, i will give him a ring in a bit then.
i'm going to be working in the internal marketing department, how about yourself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike c

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri May 25, 2007 6:52 am

ok cheers for that, i will give him a ring in a bit then.
i'm going to be working in the internal marketing department, how about yourself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri May 25, 2007 2:56 pm

I'll be working in the Research and Development (Solutions) department.

You starting around the same time as everyone else, early July?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next