HP Interns 2007/2008

A place to discuss all aspects of your time at HP 2007/2008

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Introductions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nikki

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Introductions   Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 am

I know there are only a few of us joining the Newcastle office but would be nice to organise accommodation and get to know you before we start. Very Happy

Nikki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colin

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Colin   Mon May 14, 2007 6:18 am

Hello

Im colin and I'm originally from Northern Ireland but study at Aston Uni, Birmingham!

Really think we should all live together! Any ideas how many of us there are? I heard 4! Anyone got any background info on newcastle or already started looking for a place? I'm thinking of going up sometime at the end of May, would b good if we could meet up and all look together!

Colin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon May 14, 2007 8:34 am

At last ive found someone who is working in Newcastle too Laughing

Ive heard theres 4 of us too!! I'm orginally from yorkshire and went up to Newcastle over easter and had a look around. There are alot of very nice new 2 bedroom flats, near to where we will be working, so if theres four of us we could try get two flats in the same block.

Have you heard anything for HP at all since the email the other week, saying about this forum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon May 14, 2007 9:38 am

Well when the forum first went up there was only the other two locations so i was actually wandering if there was anyone else!

Those flats sound good, is there a website or anything for them so that i can take a look online at them, (also to prove to mum that im making an effort to find somewhere!).

I herd from them this morning actually, i was going to give them a call because they phoned a few weeks ago saying the contract was being sent out then. But the email i got today said that it has been sent and ill have it this week. It has a copy of the contract with it, it seems pretty standard, and there are 8 extra paid public hols on top of our 25.

Last edited by on Mon May 14, 2007 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon May 14, 2007 9:49 am

theres a couple on here for the killingworth area, i dnt know wot the area is like though:

http://www.northeastletting.co.uk/propertysearch.php

also if you go onto reedsrains.co.uk, and search in wallsend for flats it will come up with all the new ones, think they are around 440 per month, most of them are unfurnished though.

I got my contract ages ago, must have been one of the first to receive it, but they did take ages sending it to me!

let me know what you think of the flats.

my msn addy is wildncrazy32@hotmail.com (strange name, created it when i was younger) if you want to add me, it may be easier to organise things that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sejal

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue May 22, 2007 3:08 pm

Hey my names sejal im going to be the other person working at HP. I also study at Aston Uni. I didn't even know they had this forum up until Colin told Sean, thanks for that ! Its made me less nervous now.

Just read your conversations, think it sounds like a brilliant idea about us living together. Oh and it seems kinda perfect, as Colin, we're at the same uni..maybe we should meet up some time after exams and go for a drink or two..I finish on thursday !!

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue May 22, 2007 3:17 pm

wooooo that makes 3 of us then!!! I wonder if thats it or whether a 4th person will show up!!

would be good to meet up with you both but i dnt finish exams til the 1st june Sad. Also need to sort out when we are all free to go look at accommodation!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sejal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue May 22, 2007 3:54 pm

not sure about the 4th person...give it a few weeks i say i only just found out abt this myself ! Aww yeah its a shame u cant meet us sooner..but we can meet once ur exams are over not that long left now...!

We all seem to be busy with exams at the moment, but once exams are over things should be easier..what date is everybody starting? xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed May 23, 2007 7:27 am

Im starting 3rd July, how bout u? i think colin is starting at end of july.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sejal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon May 28, 2007 3:00 pm

im starting on 9th July..so i guess we need our tenancy agreements to start at the beginning of july ideally. Erm...in terms of rent, what is everyones budget per month? im gonna start looking for accomodation and ringing letting agencies 2mrw, so would be great to knw what everyone would like?

Oh and does anyone have name of areas near the office? As i seem to be finding alot of different ones and im actually quite baffled now..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue May 29, 2007 2:11 am

The nearest area seems to be Wallsend or Killingworth. I went up there a month ago and the estate agents told me they were the nearest areas. The estate agents Next2buy and Reeds Rains in Wallsend were helpful.

I would prefer the contract to start maybt he week before the beginning on July as I start on the 3rd and my sisters getting married on the30th June so would need to move in before then!

The maximum per month for me is about 300.

what are we doing about the 4th person??

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sejal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue May 29, 2007 4:58 pm

hope u dont mind, ive added u onto my msn thought it might be easier to sort things out that way. As for the 4th person i called HP today just to find out whereabouts he.she is from. If there local to Newcastle its probably unlikely they'll need accomodation. But obviously with HP i can only get through onto there answer phone and no ones called me back yet.

I'll give it another go 2mrw if i dnt hear anything by 12. At least then we know how many rooms to look for..

Hopefully we can talk properly over msn

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leo

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed May 30, 2007 2:11 am

Hi Guys,

I've contacted somebody in HP for you to find out how many people are due to start at HP Newcastle. I've also asked them to see if they could get a current intern there to give you some advice on places to live. All i need now is a reply! I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Could you make sure you keep the forum updated with any important info please? Just so that if anybody else joins they can quickly see what stage things are at Smile

Just give me a shout if you need anything,

Speak to you all soon,

Leo

PS sorry if I haven't introduced myself to you all yet, I am one of the current interns at HP Bristol. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hpinterns.usersboard.net
Leo

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed May 30, 2007 3:38 am

Hi guys,

I hope you all received an email from Ali by now. I have asked Tom to join the forum so you can ask him questions here and everybody can see the replies.

Hope this helps,

Leo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hpinterns.usersboard.net
tmbindoff

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed May 30, 2007 4:09 am

Hey Folks,

Its Tom, one of the current interns at Newcastle, I think i met most of you when you came up for your interviews, congrats on getting the job!!

Hows the accomodation hunting going? I have a couple of questions; Will any of you be bringing a car to travel to work in or are you gonna stick to good old 'reliable' public transport!?! As you are students, i was wondering if you would looking for something nearer town (to keep on top of the drinking?) or just somewhere really close to the office.

Any questions just fire them my way and im sure i can help you out.

My msn addy is tmbindoff@hotmail.com, or just search for me on facebook, you can catch me on there most days.

Bye for now Smile,
Tom

P.S. Colin, you know one of my mates from home i hear, Dan,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sejal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed May 30, 2007 9:30 am

hiya, Yeah im gonna be bringing my car. I called up a few of the letting agents that were attached on the email we received. A lot of the accomodation was based in Heaton. I got told it wasn't too far from the business park but they didnt seem to know much about that business park area.

Any ideas how far it is to travel both by car and public transport?

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed May 30, 2007 10:14 am

Yeh, im thinking of bringing my car too, do we have to get special parking permits to park at the office or anything?

I have had a look around the area and was told that Killingworth and Wallsend may be good places to live. Where abouts are you living?

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sejal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed May 30, 2007 12:10 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tmbindoff

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Thu May 31, 2007 4:38 am

Yo,

I am living in Jesmond Dene this year which has been perfect to get to work(no longer then 20 minutes) and only a 30 minute walk from Newcastle city centre.

Personally i would live somewhere nearer to town and nicer than Killingworth and Wallsend. Plces like Sandyford, Jesmond, Heaton(Chillinghem road end) are all nice student places to live with easy access to the coast road(A1058) to travel to work on. Here are some student letting agencies i have used and found to be very helpful in the past:

http://www.clarkresidential.co.uk/
http://www.roseworth.co.uk/
http://www.yetholmproperties.co.uk/propertysales.htm
http://www.premier-residential.co.uk/
RM Properties don't seem to have a wesite, i will get a couple of phone numbers and post them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Thu May 31, 2007 2:00 pm

Does anyone fancy a duke around newcastle next week? I'm free pretty much most days from Tuesday (5th June) and right up to beginning of July, but obviously you guys are in more of a hurry than me!

I'm not gonna have a car with me, so will be relying on public transport (or on the girls to drive me Wink ) Would really like to head up soon-ish to get things sorted, as I'm heading back to N. Ireland before I start! Are we still all up for living together? As I def am, as long as you don't mind sharing with a boy!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:56 pm

hey,
i found this house which is very close to the office, its in shiremoor.

www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-15093238.rsp?pa_n=37&tr_t=rent

i made enquiries as to how much it would cost to have it furnished and it is 650 per month, which includes all the furniture except electricals.

let me know wot u think.

Also I am free at the end of this week if you all want to meet up and go to Newcastle to go house hunting Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sejal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:28 pm

The house seems to be in a really good location, literally 5 mins away from work. Plus the rent seems reasonable, its within my budget what about u lot?

We should definatly arrange a viewing soonish. Erm..Nikki u were saying saturday 9th June if ur still up for that im available. If u and colin are free would u like to meet up then? I think we should narrow it down to about 3 or 4 houses to view and then take our pick.

what does everyone else think?

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:28 am

Saturday is still ok with me, if its still ok with everyone , do you want me to try and arrange a viewing for the house in shiremoor for saturday afternoon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sejal

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:20 am

Oh thats great ! What time is everyone available to meet up? I think for me its probs gonna have to be after 12ish..erm yeah arrange a viewing for the house if you dont mind, and we can make arrangements about meeting up and what not according to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:37 am

hey just rang the estate agents and we cant view the property on saturday, are you both free on friday instead, as we may be able to view it then, if not what bout monday as we need to get it sorted.

xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dani

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:18 am

hey guys,

i'm a student in newcastle at the minute and i agree with tmbindoff(?!)

i would choose to live in a more student area like sandyford/jesmond dene/heaton.

i live in sandyford at the minute and it takes me about 10minutes to walk into the city centre. it's also really accessible to public transport to get to work. that way you have the best of both worlds.

this year i'm letting a house with Ridley Properties. They own all their own properties so don't charge letting fees and are always on hand for any repairs needed etc.

Their website is http://www.ridleyproperties.com/Default.asp.

Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:52 pm

hey

ive had another search for houses and found these 2,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-7415100.rsp?pa_n=9&tr_t=rent

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-14651183.rsp?pa_n=9&tr_t=rent

let me know what you think, these are towards the centre a little more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:01 am

hey,

i have arranged a viewing for 2pm on tuesday for the house in shiremoor.

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tmbindoff

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:45 am

hey,

how did the viewings go guys?

tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:15 am

they went ok thanks. we have put a holding fee down for a house in shiremoor, close to the northumberland park metro Smile so not to far from work.

what is the dress code for the office? as I need to go work clothes shopping soon and don't want to buy the wrong things.

Nikki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tmbindoff

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:03 am

hey,

well hope you made the right choice. What is the official dates you all start? I think im on hols when you do.

Dress code is business casual. No need ofr suits now!!

Tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:39 pm

I start on the 3rd July, not long to go!!!! Think im the first out of the four of us :S.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 1 of 1